Foundation / History
Siebert has been associated with aviation for 70 years: In 1953, the company was founded by Paul Siebert, initially as a sports and glider construction company. Among other things, numerous gliders of the Ka 6 type were manufactured under license and an own type, the Sie 3, was produced. Until the 1970s, the Paul Siebert company carried out repairs on airplanes, motor gliders and gliders of wood and mixed construction. In addition to the workshop business, Werner Siebert expanded the trade in construction and repair materials as well as on-board instruments from the 1960s onwards. Gradually, the product range was expanded to include pilot supplies and catalogs were produced for mail order. Since the end of the 70's the company is a pure trading company for aviation supplies with the main focus on mail order. Since 1989 Thomas Siebert is the third generation in the company.